Hot Air Dryer
// The standard dryer design
The air is warmed up as it blown through a heating regi-ster by a ventilator pump. It is then conveyed through central piping to the individual dryer units. The hot air is blown onto the board with special nozzles and then is exhausted, creating a closed loop cycle.
The importance of the air temperature is to increase the water absorption ability of the air. Our recom-mendation is a hot air temperature of 140 - 175° F to dry inks, and an air temperature of 195 – 230 ° F to dry varnishes and topcoats. Experience has proven that higher hot-air temperatures than those menti-oned do not increase the drying efficiency very much at all.
A central touch screen HMI allows the operator to easily control each individual dryer unit.
// How does a Drying System work?
Heated air is blown onto the sheets at high volume and high speed. It is then exhausted ensuring that the air doesn‘t affect (heat) the printing plates or aniloxes.
As the extracted air is recycled it continually warms through the cycle, requiring the use of maximum power of the heating exchanger only at start-up. On average only 50-60% of the maximum power is required after start-up
// Our modern Air Drying Systems have some special and unique characteristics:
(1) Heating the air with different heat sources is now possible (steam, gas, hot-water, thermal oil, or electrical).
(2) The air volume of each interim dryer can be regulated from 0-100% by an electronic control flap.
(3) The operator can control the power consumption by adjusting the temperature set point.
(4) Our use of frequency-converter controlled ventilators based on air volume needs reduces power consumption.
(5) Our unique widths adjustment feature allows the operator to adjust the drying widths required delivers (25 % energy saving).
(6) The Intelligent air volume management using only the required air volume results in an average 30% energy savings.
(7) The Intelligent control of the dryers ensures the wait-time for warm-up is reduced to a minimum2) The air volume of each interim dryer can be regulated from 0-100% by an electronic control flap.
These unique features designed in our Air-dryer system compares favourably to the results using an IR dryer